Login For Payment

Frequently asked Questions

Design Review Department

Design Review’s principal goal is the maintenance of property values in this community. One way that we pursue that goal is by inspecting each townhouse and detached home every other year, we call this a ‘Recurring Inspection’. Inspections are also done when a home sells or is leased by its owner.

Frequently Asked Questions

  1. For Brown Trim units, new pieces of aluminum cladding, used for window cladding and gutters must be ‘Royal Brown’.  When these attributes fade, the refinishing color is Benjamin Moore ‘Tudor Brown’.  For Gray Trim units, new pieces of aluminum cladding must be Certainteed ‘Charcoal Gray’.  When these attributes fade, the refinishing color is Benjamin Moore ‘Charcoal Slate’.

Brown Paint Options:

    • Benjamin Moore ‘Tudor Brown’: There is a Benjamin Moore store between Aldi’s and Staples on Route 130 in East Windsor
    • Sherwin Williams ‘Twin Rivers ‘Brown’: The Sherwin Williams store on Route 130 in East Windsor has mixed a matching color.
    • Home Depot ‘Twin Rivers Brown’: The Home Depot store in East Windsor has mixed a matching color.  Not recommended.
Deterioration of Walkway Spacers

When your house was built, there were one or more spacers between the concrete slabs of your front walkway.  If you see “deterioration of walkway spacers” on your inspection report, the spacer has deteriorated and needs to be replaced.  This can be accomplished with self-leveling sealant, a caulk-type product.  If the space is deep, which is unusual for a walkway, you may need to purchase backer rod, to stuff in the gap before applying the sealant.  Detailed instructions can be found online if you search for “caulking space walkway” or “sealing a sidewalk joint”.

  1. The parts of your house, such as roof and entry door, are called ‘attributes’

Members of the Design Review team are frequently asked to explain the following attributes:

  • rake – the rake covers the top edge of the house above the siding and below the roof shingles.  For townhouses, your house has an exposed ‘side’ that is entirely or partially a rake.  
  • splashblock – the original installations were concrete ‘devices’ that go at the front gutter drain point – to discharge water further from the house.  In more recent times, splashblocks are available in plastic
  • cladding – on your inspection, cladding refers to aluminum that covers what would otherwise be exposed elements of your house.  Most frequently, the reference is to missing clad around the front door and sidelight.  When a house is covered in vinyl (or aluminum) siding, all exterior surfaces must be covered in either siding or aluminum cladding.
  • Party Fences: The party fences, that’s the fences you share with the neighbor are owned equally by you and your neighbor. The Trust will only compel residents to make repairs to party fences when both neighbors agree to pay for half the repair. Given the negligible cost of painting fences, Design Review recommends that you do so regardless of neighbor’s participation.
  • Gutter & Leader: Gutter refers to the horizontal channel that catches water from the roof.  Leader refers to the vertical pipe that carries water from roof to ground.  
  • Replace: The attribute must be replaced in its entirety. 
  • Repair: The attribute can be brought in conformity without needing to be fully replaced. Either one section or piece can be replaced or part can be adjusted to bring attribute into conformity. 
  • Refinish: Paint. 
  • So, “Rear Fence: damage/deterioration-replace & finish” means that the whole fence must be torn down and replaced. “Rear Fence: damage/deterioration-repair & refinish” means that some section of the fence should be replaced and painted.
  • Non-conforming: The attribute has been built or repaired in a way that does not match the architectural standard. 
  • Non-uniform: The attribute has been built or repaired below a reasonable architectural standard. 
  • Grandfathering: For various reasons, rather than FAIL a non-conforming or non-uniform attribute, Design Review sometimes sees fit to grandfather an attribute.  Grandfathering, in this context, is equivalent to delayed enforcement.  This delayed enforcement of a community rule always expires when a residence is leased, sold or the attribute is repaired or replaced, as appropriate.
Selling Your House

When selling your home in Twin Rivers there are some important things to know to help you through the closing process. In order to help your closing, go smoothly, at least a 4-week notification to our office is requested.
Once you have a signed contract and attorney review has been completed, please ask your attorney to contact the Trust Office’s Office Manager in writing via fax 609-443-5641 or email officemanager@twinrivers-ni.com with the following information:

• Tentative closing date
• Name(s) of the buyer, as it will appear on the deed
• Name of the Attorney for buyer and seller along with their fax or email information

We will accept this information from anyone else who can provide it, i.e. realtor, homeowner, buyer’s attorney, etc. Upon receiving this information an exterior inspection of the property for townhouses and detached homes will be scheduled and a report prepared and provided to the attorneys for both parties.
A closing financial statement will be prepared, which shows the required funds to be collected at closing. There will be a Capital Contribution, Administrative Closing Fee and one-month maintenance fee in advance required from the buyer.